Tryouts start Wed. Aug. 13th. Here are a few things you need to know:
1. Sports physicals MUST be turned in by the start of tryouts on Aug. 13th. No player will be allowed to play without one. The concussion and assumption of risk forms are also due (all of these can be found on the new SCA sports website, www.scastars.com, under forms). Game schedules are also available on this site.
2. Pre-season Parents meeting, Tuesday, Aug. 12th, 6:30 PM in the cafeteria. This meeting is recommended as we will be making cuts this year and we will go over the tryout criteria. We will also give an overview of the season, so you will know what to expect if your daughter/athlete is placed on a team.
3. Tryout times:
Wed. Aug. 13th, 6 – 9 PM
Thurs. Aug. 14th, 6 – 9 PM
Fri. Aug. 15th, 6 – 7/8 PM (placements beginning at 7 PM).
4. Sat. Aug. 16th, Practices – Var. 10AM – 12PM, JV B 12 – 2PM, JV A – OFF
5. Mon. Aug. 18th, Individual team practices begin (see times) and uniform jerseys issued. Var. 3:30 – 5:30PM, JV A 5:30 – 7PM, JV B 7 – 9PM.
6. Mon. Aug. 18th, Parent meeting at 7 PM. Orders for uniform spandex & socks need to be placed. Sign-ups for home game support and team dinners. Season information packet distributed (game schedules, team guidelines, calendar, etc.).
7. Tues. Aug. 19th, Tri-meet scrimmage at Ladywood High School. Please be at Ladywood no later than 4:30 PM. Games begin at 5:30 and run until approx. 9PM.
8. Wed. – Fri. Aug. 20-22, regular practice times begins. Var. – 3:30 – 5:30PM, JV A – 5:30 – 7:30PM, JV B – 7 – 9PM.
9. Sat. Aug. 23rd, CYO 7/8 Grade tournament hosted at SCA. ALL SCA Volleyball Players are required to attend (work) and help. We will work in AM & PM shifts. Players will sign-up at the first team practices.
10. Mon. Aug. 25th, Back to school!!!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.